Name:
Location: Vienna, Virginia, United States

A graduate of Dartmouth College (2005) and Washington and Lee University School of Law (2010). These are my personal blogs, and the musings expressed on them do not reflect the positions of my employer. They do reflect my readings, thoughts, and aspirations, which I figure is good enough.

Monday, January 10, 2005

All That Jazz

So . . . instead of doing my thesis, I've been doing two things

1) Monitoring Sons of Sam Horn and the latest Hot Stove news (Beltran to the Mets, 7 years, 119 million)

2) Reading X Files Transcripts

Damn X-Files . . . curse you Chris Carter, David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson, for being part of the most addictive TV show ever. Damn you. . . wait . . . no, no, I didn't mean it. . . come back. . . .



Yeah, there's something about that show. Better scripted than other sci-fi, even Star Trek: TNG, better acted than most dramatic series out there. Prime Time TV just isn't the same anymore. The X-Files had a way of combining sci-fi to satisfy the geek (The Lone Gunmen, conspiracy theories) in you, while keeping the thriller/horror aspect (exsanguinations) and even getting you on the Mulder/Scully relationship.

And it's technically o.k. to have a man-crush on David Duchovny. It's ok. . . .

Funny song too. Bree Sharp "David Duchovny"

2 Comments:

Blogger Old Father William said...

Don't be so hard on yourself. You're not procrastinating your thesis... you are letting your ideas gestate!

11:49 AM  
Blogger Satchmo said...

Whoa . . . for a second there I almost thought that I had gone on an absinthe fuelled binge and lost a couple of days to hallucinations and visions of Aztec monkey Gods.

Then I realized how many William Li's there are in this world.

Heck, there's one here at Dartmouth with my same name. Down to the middle initial. Our middle names are different only because of one letter (mine is weiming, his is weiling). He's a med-school student, I think. If we ever met, we would probably explode in a sudden release of kinetic energies caused by the collision of positive and negative matter. I'm not sure if I'm positive or negative though.

12:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home