Name:
Location: Vienna, Virginia, United States

A graduate of Dartmouth College (2005) and Washington and Lee University School of Law (2010). These are my personal blogs, and the musings expressed on them do not reflect the positions of my employer. They do reflect my readings, thoughts, and aspirations, which I figure is good enough.

Saturday, April 16, 2005

Slow

Since I finished my thesis, I've been writing less and less. I guess it kind of makes sense because I don't have that need to produce a lot of material, but it's kind of frustrating as well.

Now that it's done, I have to make myself write because I just don't have the deadline hanging over me anymore.

Some thoughts:

1) You know you have to get up off your ass when you turn on the TV to a rerun of Iron Chef (that you've seen before), and actually look forward to watching it.

2) On Baseball Tonight, the show on ESPN, they show all day's home runs in a segment they call "Touch Em All." This of course refers to touching all the bases after hitting a home run. But am I the only one who thinks there is a bad Michael Jackson joke in there somewhere?

3) I haven't been in a movie theatre for . . . .well . . . I can't remember the last movie I saw in a theatre. Eternal Sunshine? That was a long time ago.

4) Sportscenter similies/metaphors are getting silly. I thought "as cool as the other side of the pillow" was rather inventive. But "all over it like a fat kid on cake?" That just doesn't do it for me.

5) One of the few things I will miss about college: Being serenaded on a Saturday night by a choir of drunken guys belting out Pink Floyd's "Wish You Were Here" at the top of their lungs. Truly, a definitive moment of the college experience.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home