Name:
Location: Vienna, Virginia, United States

A graduate of Dartmouth College (2005) and Washington and Lee University School of Law (2010). These are my personal blogs, and the musings expressed on them do not reflect the positions of my employer. They do reflect my readings, thoughts, and aspirations, which I figure is good enough.

Sunday, May 08, 2005

Elvis or The Beatles

Actually, this post is about something else.

I finally realized why I'm a dog person.

It's not because dogs are subservient, while cats are independant. No, cats can be plenty affectionate and dogs can be assholes. It's not that.

It's because there so much more diversity in terms of how dogs look. Besides animals with the mange or various other skin diseases, or ones that are morbidly obese, it's not easy to find butt-ugly cats. Most cats are cute to some extent, some more so than others. I've never found myself thinking, "Boy, that cat is butt ugly." With cats, the range of appearance is from "not-so-cute" to "cute"

By the same token, dogs can be downright hideous. A google image search for "ugly dog" immediate returns several unequivocably ugly dogs, whereas the a search for "ugly cat" only returns some peculiar looking specimens and one perfectly normal cat with six toes (the image search for "ugly cat" gets you a couple of photoshops, a costume, one disfigured cat, and couple of cartoons).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home