Name:
Location: Vienna, Virginia, United States

A graduate of Dartmouth College (2005) and Washington and Lee University School of Law (2010). These are my personal blogs, and the musings expressed on them do not reflect the positions of my employer. They do reflect my readings, thoughts, and aspirations, which I figure is good enough.

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Finally

At last, there's a movie coming out that I'm exciting about seeing.

I've been waiting for Dave Chappelle's Block Party to come out for about six months now, and it's finally seeing wide release this weekend. From the looks of trailers and reviews, it's a fun piece of film, and who can pass up the musical cast that Chappelle assembled? Jill Scott? The Fugees?

I've seen The Roots and Outkast (Outkast is not in this movie), but I missed out on Lauryn Hill when the Smokin' Grooves tour was at Jones Beach a few years ago. People who were at the Block Party have written on the web that it was quite the live show. I figure seeing the movie is the next best thing.

And as a last note to this short post, I watched part of Robin Hood: Men in Tights this past weekend. And I was stunned when I looked closer and realized that A-Choo was none other than Dave Chappelle. It's his first screencredit on IMDB.com. I think I had known this somewhere in the back of my mind, but it was very strange seeing him and associating with Dave Chappelle as we know him today. For one, he was something like 19 when Men in Tights was made.

Ah-Choo, son of Ah-Sneeze (Isaac Hayes!). Tyrone Biggums son of Chef? Makes sense somehow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home