Name:
Location: Vienna, Virginia, United States

A graduate of Dartmouth College (2005) and Washington and Lee University School of Law (2010). These are my personal blogs, and the musings expressed on them do not reflect the positions of my employer. They do reflect my readings, thoughts, and aspirations, which I figure is good enough.

Friday, January 28, 2005

Flaw in the Ointment

I just realized that my dwarf numbers are wrong, even without factoring in the possibility that I'm using ecology equations wrong.

So what I had done, after figuring out the number of dwarves left over after the Battle of Azanulbizar and figuring out how the death rate figured into Dain bringing 500 to the Battle of Five Armies, was to say, ok, I have 286 from Cohort A and 214 from Cohort B, and I can add 1/3 of those numbers again to get the number of women left. This is not entirely right, since my mortality rate should be skewed heavily male, at least for the interval that includes the cataclysmic Battle of Azanulbizar.

I don't really feel like crunching the numbers again, though it would be simple, but if anyone really wants me to, email me, and I'll get on it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home